Book 3 presents the six strategic concepts that will establish the future direction for state IT. In presenting these strategies, we have been mindful of the public priorities and statewide policy initiatives. The strategies anticipate a future in which Californians and their government will be highly dependent on access to rich multi-media information – information that is widely available and easily accessible over the Internet.
Each of the six strategic concepts is presented in a standard format:
- The Strategic Concept
- Purpose of the concept
- Quotation providing insight into the concept
- Description of the concept
- Strategies to achieve the concept
- Goals that measure attainment of the strategies
- A Bottom Line that summarizes the value of accomplishing the Strategic Concept
- Perspectives offering an expert’s view on the strategic concept
The essays, which accompany each of the six Strategic Concepts, were written by experts and were previously published in Government Technology Magazine, Public CIO, Governing Magazine, and a publication by The National Association of State CIOs.